| Planning & Building > Comprehensive Plan
2011-2012 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
Notice of Decision - 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments were approved by City Council on May 16, 2012. At their June 27, 2012 Council Meeting, City Council approved an adopting ordinance. The approved amendments will become effective on July 18, 2012. The adopting ordinance will be available on the City Clerk's Ordinances, Resolutions and Municipal Code webpage.
City of Poulsbo Approved 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments
and Adoption Ordinance
On May 16, the City Council voted to approve the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments. The PDF below includes the adoption ordinance and final amendments as approved by City Council. The adoption ordinance is on the June 27, 2012 City Council agenda.
For more information, please contact the Planning Department at email@example.com or 360-394-9882.
City Council Approves 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments with Modifications
On May 16, 2012, the City Council voted to approve the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments, with modifications as identified in more detail below.
The following amendments were approved:
- CPA 2011-01, Jabber re-designation and rezone
- CPA 2011-02(A-C), Parks re-designation and rezone
- CPA 2011-03, text amendments to Chapter 1
- CPA 2011-04, text amendments to Chapter 2
- CPA 2011-05, text amendments to Chapter 3
- CPA 2011-07, text amendments to Chapter 5
- CPA 2011-08, text amendments to Chapter 6
- CPA 2011-10, text amendments to Chapter 10
The following amendment was withdrawn:
- CPA 2011-02(D), the College MarketPlace re-designation and rezone
The following amendments were approved with modifications identified by the Planning Commission and in the May 1, 2012 Adoption Document, and per City Council discussion at the May 16 public hearing:
- CPA 2011-06, text amendments to Chapter 4
- CPA 2011-09, text and map amendments to Chapter 8 (CLICK HERE to view May 16, 2012 version of Figure PRO-3 approved by City Council)
- CPA 2011-11, text amendments to Chapter 11
- CPA 2011-12, text amendments to Chapter 12 and a related map amendment to Chapter 4
- CPA 2011-13, adoption of the Urban Paths of Poulsbo Plan
The next step for the amendments is for the City Attorney to prepare an adoption ordinance. This is anticipated to occur within the next month. The ordinance will go to City Council for adoption.
Staff is currently compiling the Comprehensive Plan amendment package, as approved by City Council. When this is available, it will be posted on the website.
City of Poulsbo 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments Adoption
Document - May 1, 2012
The City has released an Adoption Document on May 1, 2012, available in PDF below. This document summarizes each of the thirteen Comprehensive Plan amendments under review, discusses recommended modifications from the Planning Commission staff report (which is available under City Council Comprehensive Plan Amendment Public Hearing Exhibits below, see Exhibit C), and provides for a recommended City Council motion.
The Adoption Document, revised Figure PRO-3, and Draft Urban Paths of Poulsbo Plan are available below, in PDF format:
City Council Public Hearing Process - Hearing Held Open and Continued to May 16
The City Council opened the public hearing on the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments on April 18, 2012. The public hearing was left open and continued to May 16, 2012 at 7:15 PM. The hearing will take place at the City Hall Council Chambers, 200 NE Moe Street.
The Notice of Hearing is posted below:
City Council Comprehensive Plan Amendment Public Hearing Exhibits
(April 18, 2012)
The following materials make up the City Council packet as of the April 18, 2012 public hearing. All items are available below in PDF format. These items are also available for review at the Planning Department. Hard copies or a CD can be provided at a reasonable cost.
- Exhibit A - Planning Department Memo to City Council
- Exhibit B - Parks and Recreation Department Memo to City Council
- Exhibit C - Planning Commission Packet
- Exhibit D - Planning Commission Findings
- Exhibit E - Planning Commission Draft Meeting Minutes
- Exhibit F - Planning Department response to D. Wells
- Exhibit G - Affidavit of City Council Notice of Hearing (Mailing/Posting)
- Exhibit H - Affidavits of web site postings
Exhibits entered into the record at the 4/18/12 public hearing:
- Exhibit I - Comprehensive Plan Amendments Mayoral Changes dated 4/18/12
- Exhibit J - Memo with Public Comments Received Since Planning Commission Hearing dated 4/18/12
- Exhibit K - Alternative Figure PRO-3 dated 4/18/12
- Exhibit L - Affidavit of Publication for Planning Commission Hearing
- Exhibit M - Photograph exhibit received at hearing
- Exhibit N - Public Comment Letter received at hearing
- Exhibit O - Petitions received at hearing
- Exhibit P - Public Comment Letter received at hearing
- Exhibit Q - Public Comment letter received at hearing
- Exhibit R - Public Comment letter received at hearing
Staff Report Available (February 27, 2012)
The 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendment staff report is now available for review. It is below in PDF, with the exhibits available as separate files due to their large size. The staff report is available for review at the Planning Department and hard copies or a CD can be provided at a reasonable cost.
Revised Timeline Available
A revised timeline for the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments has been released as of February 3, 2012. There are new tentative dates for the public hearings on the amendments. Please see the revised schedule below for additional information.
SEPA Threshold Determination Issued
On February 3, 2012, the City issued a Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) for the 13 proposed comprehensive plan amendments. Public comment on the DNS will be accepted through February 17, 2012. See the DNS for additional information.
Comprehensive Plan Amendments Notice of Application with Optional DNS Issued
On January 13, 2012, the City Planning Department issued a Notice of Application with Optional DNS for the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendments. The NOA, environmental checklist, and amendment materials are located below in PDF.
Please see below for the Public and Agency Participation Plan and Review Timeline.
Comprehensive Plan Amendment Docket Approved by City Council
The docket for 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan amendments has been approved by City Council at their January 4, 2012 meeting. Thirteen amendments are approved to move forward through the annual amendment process. The below materials include the approved docket and supporting materials provided to City Council, including a staff memo and the site specific applications and map.
Public and Agency Participation Plan
A Public and Agency Participation Plan has been established for the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan amendment cycle. The participation plan includes goals, comment methods, and a tentative process timeline.
2011-12 Comprehensive Plan Amendment Public and Agency Comment Methods
Comments may be provided to the City at any time during the process. Written comments may be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to the City. Comments may also be hand delivered to City Hall. Verbal comment will be taken at the Planning Commission and City Council public hearings.
The Planning Department will be creating mailing and e-mailing lists for those interested in receiving hearing notices. Interested parties should contact the Planning Department and request to be on the 2011-12 Comprehensive Plan amendment list.
Contact the Planning Department:
Mail: 200 NE Moe Street, Poulsbo, WA 98370
Physical Address: 200 NE Moe Street, Poulsbo -- 2nd floor